Saturday, November 29, 2014
Just because you are following a lactose free diet, doesn't mean that you need to stay away from delicious desserts. There are many lactose free foods that can be used in dessert recipes, and sometimes it is as simple as making a few ingredient substitutions.
Here are some dairy free dessert recipes that are perfect for anyone following a lactose free diet:
· Berry or apple pie: Using coconut whipped topping instead of regular whipped cream
· Cookies: Make sure to use vegan chocolate chips and avoid other dairy ingredients
· Sorbet or Coconut Bliss ice cream: Which are great substitutes instead of ice cream
· Dark chocolate: Most brands of dark chocolate are dairy free, although you will need to stay away from milk chocolate varieties
· Brownie mixes: Which are usually dairy free unless they are "milk chocolate" brownies, so read the packing label to ensure there are no added dairy ingredients
· Cake: Most cake mixes are lactose free, but you will need to read the ingredient list to double check
The possibilities are endless, and you can find many dairy-free recipes online. With the right recipe and a little bit of creativity, it is easy to prepare a dessert that you can enjoy.
At Premium Chocolatiers, we have a variety of chocolates that are safe to eat if you are following a lactose free diet. You will love our lactose free foods, because they are delicious and dairy free!
Saturday, November 22, 2014
Read the Labels
A quick glance at the label can help you understand whether or not the food contains the ingredients that you need to avoid. If you have food allergies, then it is important that you understand the exact ingredients that need to be avoided, as well as any other disguised ingredients that might aggravate your allergies.
Be cautious about generalized ingredients. For example, if the label says "chocolate chips" and you are allergic to gluten, then you might need to learn more about the chocolate to make sure that the product contains gluten free chocolate chips.
Talk With the Store or Manufacturer
If there is ever a question about whether a specific food is safe for you to eat, then you might consider calling the manufacturer to learn more about the ingredients. Many companies are happy to answer your questions and provide additional information as needed.
You can also talk with a store manager or employee. Visiting a local health food store can be a great way to find foods that you can eat, and you will discover that the employees are very knowledgeable about food allergies. Or, if you can't find anything locally, then look online for a vendor who offers specialty items that are safe for people with food allergies.
Premium Chocolatiers offers a variety of sweet treats that are safe for people with many types of allergies. Our vegan, dairy free, peanut free, gluten free chocolate is delicious and a great option for people who have food allergies.
Saturday, November 15, 2014
· Reduced Risk of Heart Disease: The antioxidants and fiber in plant foods are associated with improving cardiovascular health. It has been found that people who eat less meat and more vegetables are more likely to have lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and a lower risk of heart attack and stroke.
· Reduced Risk of Cancer: If you are looking for a way to reduce the risk of cancer, then vegetables and whole grains are the way to go. "The China Study" was a large research study that found a direct correlation between animal protein consumption and cancer.
· Stronger Bones: Even though milk is commonly associated as a food that is good for bone health, the truth is that increased milk consumption is directly associated with an increased risk of osteoporosis. Instead of milk, increase your consumption of leafy greens for a healthier source of calcium.
· Weight Loss: Many people who follow a healthy, vegan diet can quickly lose weight. If you want to lose weight, make sure you are eating natural ingredients, such as nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables.
If you are following a vegan diet, you don't need to give up the foods that you love! Here at Premium Chocolatiers, we make vegan chocolate that tastes just as good as regular chocolate. Visit our website to learn more about the vegan desserts that are available for you!
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Thanksgiving Side Dishes and Dessert Ideas
Whether you are hosting the party or attending another party, you can plan at least 1 or 2 side dishes or desserts so that you can have the peace of mind to know that you will have allergy-free food to eat.
Here are a few allergy-free side dish and dessert options to consider:
· Sweet potatoes or yams, using olive oil instead of butter and skipping the marshmallows
· Stuffing, using gluten-free bread instead of regular bread
· Cranberry sauce, skipping any nuts in the ingredient list
· Roasted Brussels sprouts, with olive oil and natural spices for flavor
· Gravy made with brown rice flour for thickening and olive oil instead of butter
· Pumpkin pie, made with a gluten-free crust and coconut milk instead of dairy products
· Chocolate covered strawberries (using allergy-free chocolate)
Gourmet Chocolates for Every Holiday
Here at Premium Chocolatiers, we make gourmet chocolates and truffles to satisfy your sweet tooth. These chocolates are so delicious that your holiday guests won't realize that they are eating an allergy-free alternative to traditional chocolate.
Thanksgiving is a day to indulge, so make sure that you order enough of our allergy-free chocolates to enjoy a sweet treat before and after the meal! Check out our allergy-free chocolates for the holiday season, such as chocolate turkeys and pumpkin truffles.
Thursday, November 6, 2014
As the weather gets cooler and we head into the fall holidays and finally Christmas of course - the pace heats up at our factory. We are in full swing producing vegan and allergy friendly chocolate turkeys, turkey lollipops, pumpkin truffles and getting ready for black Friday and Christmas. New products are being launched with many other great ones to follow. Lots of excitement is brewing and we hope you follow us here as we share the goings on.