Friday, November 27, 2015
If you follow a healthy diet throughout the year, you might find it more difficult to stick with the plan during the holiday season. One important way to celebrate that holidays is with food, but people with food allergies and dietary restrictions have a hard time enjoying these celebrations.
Whether you have food allergies to ingredients such as nuts, eggs, gluten, or lactose, or you are following a specific diet to meet your health goals, there are things that you can do to stay strong with your diet. Here are a few tips:
· Bring Food to Share: When you have been invited to a party, offer to bring a dish. For example, you might bring a dessert that was made with vegan milk chocolate and doesn’t have common allergy-causing ingredients.
· Eat Before the Party: Fill your stomach with healthy food before you leave the house, which will make it easier for you to avoid the temptations of other types of food.
· Splurge on Healthy Treats: Do you have a hard time saying “no thank you” to the homemade fudge or cookies that your coworkers bring into the office? Buy healthier alternatives ahead of time so that you can enjoy a snack when everyone else is eating the treat. For example, you can keep a few vegan chocolate truffles in your desk when you need a snack.
At Premium Chocolatiers, our goal is to help you enjoy the holiday season. You can eat delicious treats without “cheating” on your diet! Visit our website to see the many types of sweet treats that are available if you are on a lactose free diet or if you need to avoid certain types of ingredients because of a food allergy.
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Hot chocolate is a tasty treat to drink during the cold winter months, but there are many people who can’t enjoy this delicious drink because of dietary restrictions. If you have food allergies or you like to follow a vegan diet, then this recipe is a great option for you to consider.
The drink is made using a vegan chocolate bar, so you need to make sure that you are selective about the brand that you choose when buying the chocolate. Most brands of chocolate contain milk products, which means that you need to buy a chocolate bar that is specifically labeled as vegan.
Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipe
· 1.5 ounces vegan milk chocolate
· 2/3 cup coconut milk
· 1 pinch of cinnamon
Chop the chocolate bar into smaller pieces, then add all of the ingredients into a small sauce pan. Make sure to whisk constantly as the vegan chocolate is melting, and continue cooking until the chocolate is completely blended into the milk.
You can substitute the coconut milk for dairy milk if you prefer, but sticking with coconut milk is a better option to keep the recipe allergy free. When you use the right chocolate bar and milk products, this hot chocolate is allergy free. So, it can be enjoyed by people with lactose, egg, gluten, and peanut allergies.
To buy the highest quality vegan and allergy-free chocolate, visit our website at Premium Chocolatiers for more information.
Saturday, November 7, 2015
With Thanksgiving just a few weeks away, you are probably thinking about ideas that can be used to decorate your dinner table. Many people choose traditional Thanksgiving décor, but other people like to change things up by adding fun surprises on the table. Here are a few ideas that you might use to decorate your Thanksgiving table:
· Tablecloth: A nice cloth on the table is the foundation to good décor. Consider a neutral colored cloth that can be dressed up with fun décor items on the table. Or, you can use a themed cloth that has printed Thanksgiving items such as turkeys, fall leaves, and pumpkins.
· Candles: Set the right mood for your dinner by setting the table with nice candles. These will light up the meal and make it the perfect setting to enjoy the holiday with your family.
· Treats: Line the table with treats, such as vegan milk chocolate and dark chocolate candies. Your guests will be able to enjoy a little sweet while they are waiting for their meal.
· Harvest Vegetables: Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful for the abundance of food, and you can use these foods to decorate the table. Make centerpieces out of pumpkins, squash, and other harvest vegetables.
If you are planning to put vegan chocolate out to decorate your table, make sure to visit our website at Premium Chocolatiers. We have delicious holiday-themed vegan chocolate treats that will look great on your Thanksgiving table.