But many of us, whether it's due to a particular food allergy or it's due to our decision to live a vegan lifestyle, can no longer consume these decadent treats. Chocolate for one contains contains milk which is a very common allergen, and also not desirable as a vegan for obvious reasons.
The only issue you might occasionally run into is finding the chocolate to use. Frequently, vegan chocolate is made as a darker chocolate because getting a truly vegan yet milk-like chocolate is tough. Not everyone likes dark chocolate due to it's bitter taste. This can be sort of a let down when you're trying to make some delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies which taste just like the real thing.
Yes not everyone will agree on this and I understand dark chocolate and vegan dark chocolate are still loved by many. But those classic stereotypical chocolate chip cookies usually have milk chocolate chips. And luckily, we here at No Whey have cracked the code on milk-like, milkess chocolate!
For this recipe, we will use our vegan chocolate chips and milkless chocolate bar for our chips/ chunks! Our chocolates taste just like real milk chocolate, but are dairy free and completely vegan! Not only that, but are also free of all eight common food allergens including gluten, soy, peanuts and tree nuts!
Lets get into the recipe! Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
1/4 cup (60ml) Non-dairy Milk (your choice which kind, depending on your allergy)
1 Tbsp (15ml) Vanilla Extract
2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Corn Starch
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup (175g) Vegan Chocolate Chips OR Chunks (our milkless bar broken up into pieces)
1. First, you'll need a large mixing bowl. Once you have that bowl, add in the vegan butter and brown sugar - mix together thoroughly.
2. Once mixed, add in your Non-dairy milk and vanilla flavoring. Again, mix it up!
3. Now, you'll need a separate bowl. Once you have it, grab your flour, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch and salt. Throw them all in that separate bowl and mix em up!
4. Now, take those dry ingredients you just mixed and dump them into your other bowl of wet ingredients. Mix together thoroughly by hand.
5. Next, take your chocolate chips or chocolate chunks and mix in to distribute as evenly as possible. (Your choice or use both! Break up our Milkless Bar for chunks!)
6. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 C)
7. Grab small ball-shaped bits of your vegan cookie dough and place on a baking sheet covered with a parchment paper.
8. Place into your oven and bake for 15 minutes until the edges are set and they are very slightly browned on top!
9. Allow to cool and firm up slightly before transferring the cookies to a wire cooling rack.
10. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
There you have it! An incredibly delicious yet easy vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe!
To find our vegan chocolate chips or chocolate bars, simply click below!
And a major shoutout and special thanks to LovingitVegan at lovingitvegan.com for the incredible vegan chocolate chip cookie inspiration and recipe! Visit for further instruction!