Monday, July 27, 2015
loves chocolate? Instead of gifting a boring chocolate bar, there are a few things that you can do to make the gift more fun and interesting. Here are some ideas that you might consider:
· Themed Gift Basket: Pick a theme that the person will enjoy, and assemble a gift basket to match their preferences. Include high quality chocolate in the gift basket, as well as other smaller items.
· Fondue Pot: If someone loves chocolate, then they will enjoy the activity of having a chocolate dipping tool in their home. A fondue pot makes a great gift, but you need to make sure to also include high quality chocolate and instructions to melt the chocolate so they can use the fondue pot.
· Custom Chocolate Truffles: A box of truffles is a fairly common gift, but you can make it unique by adding a personal touch. For example, add small notes in each of the chocolate sections with something that you love about the person.
· Homemade Chocolate Cake: Any gift that is homemade will leave a lasting impression on the person who receives the gift. Make a homemade chocolate cake and decorate it to match their individual interests.
Anytime you give chocolate as a gift, make sure that you choose the best! At Premium Chocolatiers, we offer delicious allergy-free chocolate and you can find many great gift ideas on our website.
Monday, July 20, 2015
It’s hard to imagine life without chocolate, because it is a flavor that is commonly used in desserts and treats around the world. How much do you know about this creamy treat?
Here are some interesting trivia facts about chocolate:
1. If you want to make 1 pound of chocolate, you will need approximately 400 cacao beans.
2. It takes about a year for a cacao tree to produce enough cacao pods to make about 10 chocolate bars.
3. Simply smelling chocolate can trigger relaxation, because it increases theta brain waves.
4. Technically, white chocolate isn’t actually chocolate since it doesn’t have any cacao!
5. In the Aztec empire, cacao beans were used as currency.
6. Collectively, Americans eat about 100 pounds of chocolate per second.
7. Dogs and cats should never eat chocolate, because it can make them sick.
8. A lethal dose of chocolate for humans is about 22 pounds.
9. If you eat chocolate daily, your risk of heart disease decreases by 1/3.
10. Dark chocolate has more cacao and less milk and sugar, making it healthier than milk chocolate.
11. Throughout history, chocolate was consumed as a liquid and not a solid.
If you want to enjoy chocolate without worrying about the health of yourself and your family, then you should visit our website to see the allergy free chocolate bars that are available. At Premium Chocolatiers, we offer a variety of chocolate products that are free of gluten, dairy, nuts, and eggs. Visit our website for more information.
Monday, July 13, 2015
A fondue party is a great way to create a social event where people can mingle and enjoy food at the same time. If you are planning to have fondue at your party, then it is important that you are selective about the types of ingredients that you are using for the fondue. High quality ingredients will leave a lasting impression on your guests, helping to improve their experience for the evening.
When you look online, you will find a variety of fondue recipes to choose from. Choose your recipe based on the ratings listed by other people who have tried the recipe. Regardless of the recipe that you choose, the most important ingredient is the base chocolate that you choose.
Don’t make the mistake of choosing a low quality chocolate bar from the grocery store. Instead, choose a premium brand of chocolate that only uses the high quality ingredients.
Types of Dippers for Your Fondue
Once you have a good chocolate base, you need to make sure to have a variety of fondue dippers for your guests to choose from. These are some great options to serve:
If you will have guests with food allergies, then it is a good idea to consider those allergies when you are planning your dessert. For example, choose allergy free chocolate and dippers, such as fresh fruit or gluten-free cookies. At Premium Chocolatiers, we have delicious allergy free chocolate bars that are great for your upcoming fondue night. Take a moment to browse through our website to learn more about the options that are available.
Monday, July 6, 2015
The Difference between Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate
If you have tasted both milk chocolate and dark chocolate, then you know that there is a difference between the two. But, what makes these types of chocolate different? Here are a few facts to help you understand the differences:
· Milk chocolate is made with condensed milk or milk powder, although certain types of vegan or allergy free milk chocolate might be made with other ingredients such as soy or coconut milk
· Dark chocolate is more pure, and it has a higher percentage of cocoa solids compared with milk chocolate
· Because dark chocolate is higher in cacao, it offers more health benefits than milk chocolate
· Milk chocolate originated in Switzerland in the 19th century
· Dark chocolate originated in Central America where it was used by the Aztecs
At Premium Chocolatiers, we sell various types of vegan milk chocolate and dark chocolate, so that you can choose the right treat to match your preferences. We think that everyone should be able to enjoy a chocolate bar, even if they suffer from food allergies. So, we work hard to make sure that our chocolate is made free of allergy triggers, such as gluten, lactose, eggs, and nuts. Take a moment to look through our website for more information, or contact us anytime if you have questions about the products that are available.